- Member of the American Society of Financial Service Professionals, the Yakima Estate Planning Council, the Financial Planning Association, the American Institute of Certified Financial Planners.
- Attended Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah with a major in Political Science and minors in Economics, Spanish and Finance. He also completed advanced studies in financial planning through the American College in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
- President/CCO of Financial Management, Inc.
- Certified Financial Planner™, Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®).
- Has worked with hundreds of Americans on how to be better prepared for retirement.
- BSA / Eagle Scout.
- Enjoys playing piano.
- Involved in various charities.
- Lived in Idaho, Utah, and Washington.
- Alumnus of National Ski Patrol.
- Married to Tanya and has four children.
- Enjoys skiing, water skiing, snowmobiling, motor biking, and boating.
Clark L. Permann, CFP®, CLU, ChFC®
Founder and President
Robert A. Vickers, ChFC®
Robert Vickers has been a Financial Planner for more than 21 years. He earned the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) designation by completing advanced studies in financial planning through the American College, in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
Vice President of Financial Management, Inc.
Investment Advisor Representative of FMI and Independent Life, Disability, and Long Term Care Insurance Agent.
Registered Securities Representative of LPL Financial.
Prior to becoming a Financial Advisor, Robert spent 13 years in Broadcast Television and Radio, including 4 years as a military correspondent with Armed Forces Radio and Television Service.
Robert currently resides in his hometown of Yakima, Washington with his wife, Lisa, and two children, Isabella and Ian.
Erik R. Pielstick
Certified Financial Planner™
Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
Making smart decisions is the key to successful retirement. Unfortunately this remains a dream for many.
Over the years and working with hundreds of families, I have seen firsthand the difference of making financial decisions made with those that have a written financial plan and a integrated retirement investment strategy. I have seen this make retirement dreams become realities.
Since 1991, I have been helping clients with wealth accumulation strategies that support their retirement dreams. Over the years and working with hundreds of families, I have seen firsthand the difference of making financial decisions made with those that have a written financial plan and a retirement investment strategy. This is often the difference in making retirement dreams become realities.
Professionally, I received my CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation (CFP®) in 2010 and my Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designation in 2003. These professional designations indicate my knowledge, experience and ethics to help guide my clients to achieve retirement and estate planning dreams.
I specialize in working with higher net-worth clients providing independent and unbiased fee based comprehensive financial planning and investment advisory services including:
- Investment Risk Analysis
- Investment Tax Strategies
- Asset Allocation Strategies
- ESG Model Portfolios
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Trust Planning
- Fossil Free Investments
- Wealth Accumulation
- Wealth Preservation
- Wealth Transfer
- Sustainable Investing
Personal Information and Community Professional Involvement
Erik was born in Jerome, Idaho, and grew up in Salem, Oregon. He moved to the Tri-Cities in 1981 after 10 years in Colorado. Erik started in the Financial Services Industry in 1991 after 26 years of experience in business and the sporting goods industry (research and design, manufacturing, marketing, professional skiing, and retail sales), and now resides in Richland with his wife Rose and two sons Trevor and Bryce.
Erik is active in numerous community and professional organizations, including:
- Columbia Community, Church Member
- Three Rivers Foundation, Board Member
- Financial Planners Association, Member
- Tri-Cities Estate Planning Council, Member
- BA in Finance from Eastern Washington University with a minor in Economics.
- Registered Paraplanner (RP)
- Drew’s current area of focus is:
- College Planning
- Wealth Accumulation
- Career Integration
- College Selection
- Wealth Preservation
- Asset Allocation
Drew was born and raised in Spokane, Washington. He grew up enjoying many sports and adventurous outdoor activities. Drew was deployed to Iraq as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom II in 2004 where he served for 8 months in which time he received a Purple Heart for wounds received in combat and was sent home. With an honorable discharge from the Army, Drew returned home and attended Eastern Washington University where he received a BA in Finance with a Minor in Economics. He now resides in Spokane, WA with his wife Jami and works for FMI in Spokane and Central Washington
Travis J. Stolcis
Travis is the founder of Belle Financial, where he takes charge of asset management, counseling and advising clients, and assisting them with their cash management, insurance, investment, retirement, tax planning, and estate planning concerns. He serves as his clients' personal CFO by addressing their plans holistically and working through their short and long-term goals. Travis has always had an entrepreneurial spirit and considers himself wired to be independent and self-employed. It's no surprise, then, that this is the perfect role for him.
Travis has been in the financial services industry for over a decade, including experience at large financial institutions like AIG Retirement Advisors and MetLife. Even after all that time, he still loves his job and going to work every day. He has a genuine interest in the field of personal finance and financial planning and shares this passion with his clients in all that he does. He enjoys getting to spend time with his clients, exercising both his analytical and people-person muscles, and educating his clients on their financial decisions. Through his work, he is able to have a high impact on their lives. Travis has been selected to work as a local SmartVestor Pro and is currently serving Dave Ramsey listeners in the greater Spokane Market.
When not in the office, Travis enjoys spending time with his wife and three girls, going to and watching sporting events (especially Seahawks games and Gonzaga University basketball!), and serving at his church. Travis' faith is an integral part of his life and he enjoys continuing to develop it (fun fact: he played in a Christian rock band and co-wrote 3 CDs!)
The SmartVestor program is a directory of investment professionals. Neither Dave Ramsey nor SmartVestor are affiliates of Financial Management Inc. or LPL.
- B.A. in Business Management and Administration from Whitworth University in Spokane, Washington
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS) from the College for Financial Planning
- Investment Advisor Representative of FMI and Independent Life, Disability, and Long Term Care Insurance Agent
- Registered Securities Representative of LPL Financial
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Estate Planning/Wealth Transfer
- Wealth Accumulation
- Retirement Planning
- Comprehensive Financial Planning Strategies
- Asset Allocation Strategies
- Wealth Preservation
- College Planning
Political, financial and personal events have reinforced the value of financial planning and continuing to build long-term relationships with a trusted financial advisor. Kathy's primary emphasis is to partner with investors to assist them in making smart financial decisions through education, customized strategies, enhanced technology and personal client service. She has been a Financial Planning Advisor for more than 25 years.
Kathy was born and raised in San Fernando, California. She relocated to Spokane in 1978 and has made her home with husband Jeff in Mead, Washington. She has three grown children, Keilyn, Ryan and Bryce. Kathy enjoys golf, volleyball, travel and outdoor activities, such hiking, camping and boating with family and friends.
Terry A. Cook, CFP®
- Certified Financial Planner™ with Financial Management Inc.; a Registered Investment Advisor.
- LPL Registered Representative, Life Insurance Agent
- Born in Wenatchee, WA and raised in Randle, WA. Currently reside in Yakima with two cats, Mackie and Panda.
- UW graduate, 1980; BA, TSCS
- 27 Years experience as a Financial Advisor
- 19 Years experience as a CFP® professional
- 5 years experience working with Pensions and Small Business Retirement Plans as a TPA representative.
- 3 years managing Yakima branch office of Metlife
Special Areas of Expertise
- Investment portfolio design and management
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Development of Comprehensive Wealth Accumulation and Preservation Plan
- Life, Health and Disability Insurance
- Long Term Care Planning
- Legacy and Succession Planning
- Business Owners
- Business Insurance
- Buy Sell and Key Person Insurance
- Small Business Retirement Plan Design and Funding
- 401k Enrollment Meetings
- Employee Education Seminars
A successful retirement is a dream shared by every working American. Unfortunately, it remains just a dream for nine out of every 10 who find they do not have enough money to meet their retirement needs.
Experts estimate that to be successful in retirement, you will need at least 80 percent of the income you earned in your final working years.*
I specialize in helping my clients meet their retirement goals by providing them the guidance they need to pursue the retirement of their dreams. And I can help you do the same, through an investment strategy designed to meet your needs.
In addition to retirement services, I also provide:
- Managed asset plans - for professional fee-based portfolio management through LPL Financial
- Retirement planning - to design an investment strategy to help you meet all of your retirement goals
- Corporate 401(k), Retirement Plan & Investment Management
- Retirement financial planning education
- Retirement Asset Distribution Strategies
- Insurance Planning - provide for your family's future needs
If you would like further information about retirement planning, or other areas of investing, please do not hesitate to call or email me. I can help you make sense of the information you're receiving.
*Social Security Administration
Jared M. Jones
- Grew up in Moscow Idaho
- 2007 Graduate from the University of Idaho and Lewis-Clark State College with a B.A. in Business Administration
- Served a full term on the Exchange Club of Spokane’s Foundation board which donates a percentage to local and regional organizations that support the prevention of child abuse and provide fatherhood classes.
- On the board of Spokane Valley Partners, the valley’s largest food and clothing bank
- Spent 7 years as a Golf Professional
- Enjoy living near Riverside state park for biking and hiking
- Hobbies are spending time with wife Jennifer, walking our two pugs, riding anything on two wheels, flying, and cooking.
- Burning desire is to help everyone create a financial road map that will lead them to financial independence and a comfortable retirement.
Cindi Berdar, CFP®
Kenneth E. Reeves
Certified Financial Planner and Wealth Manager
• Ken has been helping individuals and small businesses with insurance and financial service needs since 1983, serving as an Agent for New York Life, District Manager for Combined Insurance and owner of Reeves Financial Services for 20 years prior to partnering with Financial Management Inc. in January of 2017.
• In 2006 he became a Certified Financial Planner after successfully completing a Professional Education Program from the College for Financial Planning and passing an exam covering Insurance, Investment Planning, Retirement Planning, Employee Benefits, Income Tax planning and Estate Planning.
• Investment Advisor Representative of Financial Management Inc., Registered Securities Representative of LPL Financial and an independent Life, Health, Disability and Long-Term Care Insurance Agent.
• Lives in Yakima, works throughout Central Washington and serves clients in other states.
• Enjoys spending time with his 2 sons, Eddie and Sterling who were both Athletes, Eagle Scouts and Graduates of both West Valley High School and the University of Washington.
• In his spare time Ken enjoys golfing, entertaining, grilling, wine tasting, travel and photography.
Ryan left Spokane to play football at the University of Idaho and graduated in 2008 with a degree in Accounting. Soon after graduating he started his career as a financial professional and a top producer at his prior firm before joining Financial Management, Inc in 2017.
Now Ryan lives in Spokane Valley with his wife Annie, and their two daughters, Hattie and Harlow, while they await their baby on the way! Ryan is active in the local community as a varsity high school football coach as well as a mentor through Communities in Schools of Spokane County. Ryan enjoys participating in triathlons, playing basketball and spending time with his 14 nieces and nephews. In addition, Ryan and Annie lead and host a home group each week as members of Grace Christian Fellowship in Spokane. In these endeavors, Ryan strives to display the same passion and excellence he does as a successful Investment Advisor Representative.
Ryan focuses on offering personalized service combined with a solid, long-term approach and fresh thinking, to help you:
• Save and invest for retirement, education, and other life events
• Create retirement income strategies
• Protect the ones you love
• Plan your legacy
Marshall Williams, Independent Financial Advisor
Jr. Partner to Ryan Heacock
Marshall earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management and Human Resources from the University in Idaho in 2015. Shortly after graduating Marshall began his career in financial services as a Registered Representative in Seattle, WA. He then moved to Coeur d’Alene, ID to continue his career in finance as a sales assistant and team member to Ryan Heacock in Spokane, WA. Marshall joined Financial Management, Inc in 2017 as Ryan’s Junior Partner and earned his Series 65 Securities License to become an Independent Financial Advisor.
Marshall now lives in Post Falls, ID with his wife Michelle and two dogs. He enjoys spending time with friends and family, traveling, camping, and staying active by participating in basketball, football, and golf. He is also an assistant football coach at Lakeland High School in Rathdrum, ID and is currently working on a Master’s Degree at Gonzaga University. Marshall’s leadership and interpersonal skills have made him a great fit for Ryan’s team!
Marshall Williams is not affiliated or endorsed by LPL Financial.
Rich is a registered ParaPlanner(SM) with a Bachelor of Science in Economics from The United States Air Force Academy. He is currently enrolled in the Certified Financial Planner ® course.
Rich has worked exclusively for fee-only investment advisory firms and joined our firm since joining the industry in 2013 as an Advisor Representative. He is currently building his client base and brings significant experience in financial planning and wealth management. He relishes the opportunity to work with clients from all walks of life, and ideal clients are established professionals and retirees in both the accumulation and distribution phases.
When Rich is not working, he loves spending time with friends and family, including his wife Tamara and four daughters. As a former goalkeeper for the Seattle Sounders, Rich can routinely be found on the sidelines of soccer fields supporting and coaching his daughters. He also continues to serve in the Washington Air National Guard.
Licenses and Designations:
Series 65 Securities License held with Financial Management Inc.
Richard Cullen is not affiliated or endorsed by LPL Financial.
- Brian grew up in Yakima, WA. He went to Davis High School and was on the cross country team.
- He graduated in 1994 from Central Washington University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
- Worked for 10 years as the controller of Drotzmann Trucking Company in Yakima.
- Began his financial career as a Portfolio Manager in 2006 and moved to Arlington, WA in September of 2011.
- Earned his CFP® (Certified Financial Planner) in 2013
- His hobbies include spending time with his family and friends, and bowling with his wife, Brenda. Brian is also an avid collector of comic books. He enjoys going to comic book conventions with his family.
- Brian and his wife Brenda, love living in the beautiful Arlington, WA area with their two children
- Brian builds comprehensive financial plans and complements them with creative and effective portfolios to meet each client’s unique needs while incorporating their individual risk tolerance
- Brian manages a Financial Management, Inc. office in western Washington
Brian Wyatt is not affiliated or endorsed by LPL Financial.